Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In This Place


I like to look back.  I like to remember what it was like before I entered this place.  Before, it felt as if I was wandering around, sleep walking through my life.  The people were the same, the places were the same.  I had those I could call my friends, but they were just a number.  It’s clear now what true friendship is.   I found a group that I can call my own.  My family away from home.  I’m slowly building a home here too.  When I came to this place, I wasn’t sure if I should settle.  I like to second guess things, doubt them to test their credibility.  But it didn’t take long.  It didn’t take long for any doubts to disappear.  This is where I am meant to be.  I woke up.  I woke up and discovered that there was so much more to life than what I was living.  No more pretending, no more walls.  I discovered myself and found out I liked her.  And other people liked her too.  So I took off the covers and wore my own skin.  I’ve learned a lot in just one year.  I’ve made mistakes and I’ve claimed my place.  No more re-reading the past, no more resisting the future.  I am content.  Right here, in this place.  Holding the hands of people I have come to love.  I am never letting go of them.  We like to live, be goofy, laugh loudly and just be us together.  I am lucky.  And I will be forever grateful for that, and never forget it.  Growing up isn’t easy and I know that I am nowhere near ready to do it but I know that I can do it.  And I know that I won’t have to do it alone.  If there is one thing that I have learned to be true, it’s that everything happens for a reason.  And somehow, someway, we might just figure it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment